The adventure of a lifetime...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday Brunch : Duke's Diner

The kid's and I have decided to try out new local breakfast spots every other weekend. Our first pick was a small little place in Olivehurst called Duke's Diner. From the outside it looks like your typical hole in the wall, but once inside it is actually quite charming. The decor is cute and the bathrooms are nice and clean. From what I hear, this place is known for their chili and biscuits and gravy. However, being that I don't eat meat, I wasn't able to partake in either of these options. Which is shame because I think if you go to a restaurant that is famous for something, you darn well should try it! 
The food was decent, not great. The prices were ok on some items and maybe a bit high on others. No military discount, boo. We left full, probably because I ordered an extra short stack of pancakes, which worked out perfectly. The center of my son's waffle was topped with what seemed like blueberry pie filling, which was not tasty and made the waffle very soggy...he ate pancakes. Would we come back?  Maybe, but only after we've tried everywhere else.


Belgian Waffle with Blueberries

Kid's plate

Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito

The salsa finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment