So, my husband and I are in Seoul for the weekend, we're a tinge hungover, we're hungry, and we have very different food needs...I need a good vegetarian option and he needs something not weird. After a lot of walking around we decided on Nilli's, a small pasta and pizza place. Italian food in Korea you might ask? Oh no worries, they can do some pasta here. You can't walk through a neighborhood it seems without spotting an Italian restaurant, that and waffles. Waffles are everywhere and the sweet smell lingers through the subway stations, which is a nice change from kimchi.
The dinner was delicious. The pasta was delicate and super saucy, so much so that I think I might have sprayed the lady at the table next to us, oops! The pizza was beyond thin crust, almost like a tortilla. They had one there with gorgonzola cheese and honey which sounded interesting, but again, no weird food for the man. Not knowing if it was a community jar, the husband steered clear of the pickles, I of course had to try them - they were good and I seem to be doing ok. We did go for dessert afterwards, which in hindsight might have been a bad idea, but I had to get a waffle. In fact, I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture...I did that a lot on this trip.
 |
| The pickle jar |
 |
| Funghi Pasta with cream sauce |
 |
| Carbonara pasta |
 |
Margharita Pizza
|
No comments:
Post a Comment